[clue-talk] Why X? [long, with provocative questions]

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Wed Apr 20 21:00:44 MDT 2005

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier wrote:

> My advice to Matt, or anyone else looking to run Linux on lower-end
> hardware, would be to run XFce, Blackbox or one of the other
> lightweight desktop environments / window managers. They are fairly
> user friendly, but much less resource-intensive.

Argh. I'm not trying to single you out for criticism ... but I get a
little frustrated that every time I try to comment on the state of Linux
(maybe drawing on my personal experience for examples), at least half
the respondents insist on interpreting my rants as requests for
technical advice. Is it the way I write, or the way y'all think? Or a
bit of both?

Anyway, my Linux boxes are working just fine, thank you. If they
weren't, I wouldn't still be using Linux after 9 years.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA