[clue-talk] Re:

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Mon Aug 15 19:40:29 MDT 2005

Collins Richey wrote:

> Just a friendly suggestion: On a Linux list LOSE THE HTML MAIL!

*shrug*  I'm on Thunderbird on Fedora.  It's not like Linux doesn't
support HTML mail.  Thunderbird will send it as a multi-part/related
content, which allows your email client to choose the one you like
best.  I know pine, evolution, thunderbird, mutt, and SquirrelMail
support HTML, so your options are open.

However, I know not to send HTML email to the CLUE list.  That's why I
chose "Send as text only".  But, I mistakingly quoted the original
message which was HTML  (and hit "send" too quickly.  I meant to respond
to Patty, not the list as a whole).  Apparently, when thunderbird quotes
HTML text in a text-only message, it looks fine in the compose window
but shows up as HTML source on the recipient-side.  Well, you live and
learn.

So, I apologize for sending the wrong email to the list, and for quoting
a long email.  Really, in the compose window it looked like normal text.
Maybe I should file a bug w/ thunderbird?

-Dave