[clue-talk] GUI font tools

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sat Aug 27 08:03:23 MDT 2005

Hi, all--

I'm gathering some info on end-user-oriented GUI font tools for
Linux--installers, viewers, whatever. If you have experience with any
such tools, I'd like to know your answers to any or all of the following
questions:

- What is the tool called, what does it do, and where can I find it?

- What type of license does it have? If it is proprietary, how much does
   it cost?

- From a *desktop user's* perspective, does it provide useful
   functionality?

- Is it easy to use? Easy to *learn* to use?

- Does it look nice?

- Are there any additional features you wish it had?

- Is it being actively developed? If not, do you think that is because
   the project has achieved all its goals, or because the developers lost
   interest/got too busy/etc.

And any other comments are welcome, of course.

Thanks!

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA