[clue-talk] CLUE : Call for Presentations

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Sun Dec 18 12:12:38 MST 2005

Jeff Cann wrote:

>> * Version control (CVS, Subversion, alternatives)
>> * Graphics (e.g. Cairo, SVG tools, ...)
>> * ALSA/Jack/Music applications
>> * Anything about security (even if it's boring, we need to know it)
>> * The new generation of Web development frameworks (Ruby on Rails,
>>   TurboGears, etc.)
>> * How Linux printing works (assuming anybody actually knows ... I sure
>>   don't ;)

> Which one are you going to do?  ;)

Well, of the above topics, I could do a presentation on TurboGears ...
if it's the second half of next year, maybe on graphics. Or how about a
KISS session on ALSA?

Actually, though, what I'd really like to present on is the programming
language OCaml. I strongly believe it's a language worth knowing about,
but it would be nice to have some sense from the group of how much
interest there is in *different* languages ... I often get the
impression that most people are quite content with the same old C, Java,
Python, Perl, & PHP.

--
Matt Gushee
The Reluctant Geek: http://matt.gushee.net/rg/