[clue-talk] moving Mozilla email

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:38:24 MST 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:20:24 -0700, John Hamilton <jham01 at sanoke.com> wrote:
> I've actually had success taring up ~/.mozilla and moving it to another
> computer. As long as the version of mozilla is close, everything moves
> (font selection, email setup, bookmarks, etc). I'd suggest renaming the
> original .mozilla directory first, untar the directory from the old
> machine and give it a try. Worst case, just delete what you copied over
> and rename the original back to .mozilla. You haven't lost anything
> trying it.

I've used that successfully before as well, but the original question
is about merging together two mailboxes.

I was going to recommend using Thunderbird to import the mail into
your .mozilla profile, but Thunderbird only imports mail from Netscape
Communicator 4.x, Eudora, Outlook, and Outlook express.

I think Angelo's IMAP solution may be the best.

Greg