[clue-talk] I wish I'd known

skipworthy skipworthy at realivetech.com
Tue Feb 8 09:55:26 MST 2005

fellow Nixians...A discussion I was having with someone else made me
curious...Although most people gravitate to Linux (GNU, BSD whatever) in
the course of already being competent in 'computer', many aren't
necessarily right away. I know I came to *nix from Windows, and had to
grok many many things that were different in order to be successful and
enjoy it both as a hobby and a prefession. So the question is : What do
you wish you knew or understood sooner when getting started with Linux ?
Or what, in your opinion should a 'newbie' know or understand?