[clue-talk] Seagate SATA drive

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Fri Feb 11 17:02:07 MST 2005

Nate Duehr wrote:
> I would agree that the Samsung drives I've purchased so far appear to be
>  holding up well.  I'm a Seagate fan from long ago, and have a number of
> them still spinning after at least 10 years, but the prices on the
> Samsung's on the bargain table at MicroCenter are hard to beat.

My bargain SATA drives are Samsungs, and they are still quiet and have a
lot of time on them.  I agree about the noisy Maxtors.   I don't buy
"regular" WD drives but the Raptors were the highest performance I could
get at the time and I put them in RAID on an AMD64 box and that's made
for a pretty zippy system.

---
Roger Frank