[clue-talk] Funny web page

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jan 4 12:33:13 MST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:43:11 -0700
Collins Richey wrote:

> I love it!

You can find a lot of funny stuff about usenet and mailing lists just by
Googling "Emily Postnews". There's a really good uber-sarcastic version of
a netiquette file out there that I'm not going to look for now, but it's
hilarious.

BTW, I ran across an excellent example of the trouble with top-posting
just a few minutes ago. In mailing lists that are archived and
web-accessible, if you jump into the middle/end of a thread, and there's a
mix of top and bottom posting, you almost can't tell what's going on --
particularly if the subject is technical.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E