[clue-talk] Intel and eBay recycle computer program

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Jan 8 12:39:35 MST 2005

On Jan 8, 2005, at 11:54 AM, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
>> I was just wondering about such software to wipe a drive - I was
>> going to
>> ask here if anyone knew of a Linux bootable floppy/CD that'd wipe a
>> drive
>> for example. I imagine Tom's root boot could do it? Thanks for the
>> link.
>>

> Would Knoppix be good enough with dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/hda ?

Knoppix will do fine if it includes the shred utility.  A quick google
didn't answer that, and I'm too lazy to find out for sure, but I bet it
does.

I would prefer shred to the above, as it is designed for the task, and
has provisions for blanking an entire drive securely.

Tim
Timothy Klein: tecce at silverklein.net
Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
AIM: TangoCKilo; ICQ:289210734