[clue-talk] Vonage/VOIP recommendations

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:54:17 MDT 2005

Hi,

Like many of you, I'm a "high speed internet, cell phone, no landline"
kind of person, but I'm thinking about adding a landline service of
some sort for two reasons: minutes and call quality - my cell calls
get dropped occasionally and I occasionally go over on minutes or fret
about them.

I'm curious if anyone has experience with Vonage or any other
providers.  I've used Skype and am interested in the SkypeOut/SkypeIn
service which allows for interaction not only with Skype users but
also other POTS users.  However, I noticed that "SkypeIn" (which gives
you an incoming phone number) is only in beta and has limited
availability.  That doesn't sound good to me...

I know that minutes are cheaper in these VOIP solutions than they are
for any wireless plan that includes roaming, so the real criteria I
think I care about is call quality.  Any current or former users with
advice?

In case it matters, I have Comcast residential service.

Thanks in advance,
Greg