[clue-talk] The Coming Storm? Nano/AI/Skynet

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Mar 9 21:40:03 MST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 02:22:56 -0700
Timothy Klein wrote:

> Artificial life is a great topic.  I read _The Age of Spiritual
> Machines_, though, and can't recommend it.

Any particular reason? I admit, Kurzweil has a sort of evangelical tone,
and his future prophecies are just that. But overall, I thought it was OK.

> There are also several packages you can get for *nix to do your own
> artificial life simulations.

Care to recommend any? I haven't researched this much. What I found for
Conway's game of life was disappointing, although it's been long enough
since I tried it out, I don't remember exactly why.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E