[clue-talk] The Coming Storm? Nano/AI/Skynet

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Mar 10 17:07:09 MST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:58:58 -0700
Timothy Klein wrote:

> On a related but odd note, Dan Simmon's novels _Endymion_ and _The Rise
> of Endymion_ have a decent synopsis of research on AL in computers (as
> of its publication in the early 90s).  It is one of those "history of
> the future" things that talks about current research.  Those two books
> are sequels to _Hyperion_ and _The Fall of Endymion_, so there are
> certainly much better ways to research the subject.  Those are good
> books, though, particularly the Hyperion ones.

One of my favorite Sci-Fi series. Too bad it ended in such a rush. It felt
like Simmons maybe just got tired of it, and so just sorta punted. Lots of
loose ends. Otherwise, very good. I'll probably re-read it one of these
days.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E