[CLUE-Talk] OPenOffice

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:11:46 MST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:05:41 -0700, Greg Knaddison
<greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been using 2.0 betas (well, 1.9 milestone builds) for about 3
> months now.  They have all been reasonably good.  Now that it's Beta
> it's gotten even more stable and polished.
>
> Greg
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:48:33 -0700, Walter Hildebrandt
> <hildy at netbeam.net> wrote:
> > David A. Jenne wrote:
> >
> > >Walter,
> > >
> > >How is the new version of OO coming?  CLUE is still interested in hearing
> > >about your website.  Also, if you would like, CLUE could benefit from a
> > >brief (15-20 minutes or so) presentation on OO in general.
> > >
> > >There might be someone (or more) in the audience who would be interested in
> > >helping with a tutorial.
> > >
> > >We meet in the evening of the second Tuesday of each month at the Radisson
> > >Hotel, Southeast Denver.
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >

> > The beta version of 2.0 just came out.  I am checking to make sure it is
> > stable enough for general use.  If so, I will download 2.0 and check it
> > out.  I will be willing to give a 15 - 20 minute presentaiton once I
> > have something worthwhile to say.

I've just put up the beta, and it seems OK, but the new database
support has bugs, as could be expected. Just remember that the default
files that are saved by the beta are not compatible with / readable by
older OO versions. You do have the option of saving files in the older
format, however.

--
 Collins
       When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,