[clue-talk] Open Source via MIT and Avaya

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:25:07 MDT 2005

On 5/25/05, Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
> You know, for all the jokes about Microsoft being the Borg, I think
> Linux is much more Borg-like.  Their technological *distinctiveness*
> will be added to our own

Hmmm... If we're using a Trek analogy, I'd say that Linux (and open
source in general) is more like the Federation. It's an amalgamation
of many different factions that have decided to join together for
their best interests, despite differences.

I see a lot of similarity between SCO and the Ferengi as well...

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier
xonker at gmail.com
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy
to state I finally won out over it." ~ Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"