[clue-talk] warning regarding phpBB

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:10:50 MDT 2005

On 5/27/05, Jason S. Friedman <jason at powerpull.net> wrote:
> I host a phpBB bulletin board (version 2.0.11), and it was
> hacked yesterday.  The phpBB site speaks generally of a
> security vulnerability, but does not specify.

phpBB has been nailed several times in the past year and there are
lots of scripts/bots going around that use google/msn/yahoo/etc. to
find more phpBB sites to attack.

I recently got hacked as well by tan glarin (I was on 2.0.13 and
upgraded to 2.0.15) but was able to recover.

I then got on the announce mailing lists for phpBB, postnuke, and all
the other web site tools I use - don't want to get hacked again.