[clue-talk] warning regarding phpBB

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:29:09 MDT 2005

On 5/27/05, Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
> Yeah, I don't know which is worse:  risk getting hacked, or having to
> upgrade every freakin month.  I figure this is why they've stopped
> putting the version number on the front page.

The version number on the front page gives hackers more knowledge
about your system which makes it easier to exploit.  Not putting it
there just makes the hackers work a little harder, which might be hard
enough to get them to focus their time on some other system.

If you don't like upgrading every month you could help audit the code
to make sure it works safely.

Or just complain...

Greg