[clue-talk] Question about last month's meeting (telephone)

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 14:36:26 MST 2005

I was getting irritated a few days ago about CONSTANTLY being called by a
subset of people that have been told to take us off their list, etc., but
they still call. I was thinking there must be some sort of way to create a
blacklist using hardware/software that recognizes text/numbers from caller
ID info. If blacklisted, the hardware/software keeps the phone from even
ringing, and delivers some sort of pre-recorded message to the offenders.

I was looking at last month's discussion of Asterisk, and maybe this might
provide a way for such a thing? Has anyone ever done anything like this, or
heard of such a thing? I have non-VOIP, but it looks like Asterisk works
with other types given the proper hardware.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
We are ready for an unforseen event that may or may not occur.
-Dan Quayle, US Vice President