[clue-talk] Learning motivations of IT pros

Beesley, Andrea D. abeesley at ou.edu
Wed Nov 9 00:54:12 MST 2005

Hi, I'm a Ph.D. student at the University of Oklahoma, now living and working in Denver.  My research interest is finding out what types of goals best motivate people who work in IT to keep learning new information and developing their skills.  Companies might make assumptions about what motivates employees, but employees often bring with them their own sets of goals, which may differ.

In my research so far I have found Linux users to be particulary reflective and motivated about their technology learning, so I thought I would ask members of this list to participate.  If you're an IT professional, please consider responding to my brief, anonymous online survey: http://www.occe.ou.edu/tech_expertise/

I will be happy to share the results of the study also.

Thanks for considering my request!

Andrea Beesley