[clue-talk] Looking for printer solution

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Apr 28 15:34:27 MDT 2006

Sean LeBlanc wrote:

>On 04-25 19:16, erik at ezolan.com wrote:
>

>>Unless you need to print photos or other pictures, I wouldn't get an ink
>>jet printer.
>>
>>You can get a color laser printer that does duplex for 300$ from Compusa
>>for pete's sake...
>>
>>http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=319761&pfp=BROWSE
>>
>>It's what I have, it works better with windows than linux however.
>>

>Okay, I'm convinced. Anyone have any suggestions on models? Besides the
>above one, of course. Someone made a remark about $50 laser printers?

Yeah, but not color.  I wait for deals (Staples is the best due to their
reliable online rebate submission) and then can usually find a printer
around the $50 - $70 range.  Last time I got a Samsung, which are known
to work nice with Linux.  But... you have to be willing to wait for the
deal to come around.  I usually check http://www.ableshoppers.com/ at
least weekly when I'm looking for one.