[clue-talk] Hello CLUE

T. Joseph Carter tjcarter at bluecherry.net
Sat Aug 5 17:38:04 MDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 01:07:49PM -0600, dperkins at frii.com wrote:
> >> What part of Littleton?  I live in Littleton but sometimes I can't
> >> attend
> >> a meeting.
> >>
> >> At least one other person in the group also lives in Littleton.
> >
> > I'm in the part just down from Mineral Station, just before Platt Canyon,
> > in the Pinnacle at Mountain Gate.  Given the difficulty with transit, and
> > how many people the Center has living in this complex who depend on said
> > transit, you'd think they'd have picked someplace better to lease 25-30
> > apartments.  The rent on these places is just sick.  Something closer to
> > being actually in Denver would cost a lot less and give us great options
> > to get anywhere we wanted to go, pretty much anytime we wanted to go
> > there.
>
> That's not far from where I live.

If you're offering a ride, I can contribute to slightly increasing the
earnings gap between Venezuelan and/or Middle-Eastern despots and the
people they govern.

Getting to DTC won't be too hard.  Getting from where the bus drops me off
to the Oracle building will be a good exercise in using what I've learned
thus far.  I'd just have to leave halfway through the presentation because
the return trip takes almost two hours after about 7pm.  (Razzin' frazzin'
stupid RTD...)

> Pinnacle was built before the light rail was added.
>
> The trouble with light rail is that they think that everyone wants to go
> downtown.  I would like it to wrap around the city too.

The trouble with it really seems to be that they figure everyone is coming
from Littleton and wants to go downtown.  It happens to be true in my
case, but the rest of the RTD system doesn't even bother to support that
assumption.  Littleton's bus service is just horrid outside of a couple of
little spurts before and after a normal 8am to 5pm work day.

On the plus side, things will get a little easier in November.  I do think
you're right though that having two trains that basically go the same
place is kinda silly.  The C line exists solely to be half a D line.  Ugh.