[clue-talk] Hello CLUE

T. Joseph Carter tjcarter at bluecherry.net
Mon Aug 7 03:53:01 MDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 09:45:29PM -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> OK, that explains why it's not a very good idea (tm) for you to be
> behind the wheel of a car. The groups I mentioned do exist rather
> plentiously, but you're not a candidate.
>
> It doesn't take a degree in psychology to understand why you are tired
> of needing to explain your condition. Nevertheless, it sounds like you
> have accomplished quite a lot in spite of your visual limitations.

Actually, I believe that much of what I have accomplished is not in spite
of blindness, but rather because of it.  I'd never have spent all of the
time I did in front of a computer if I were "normal".  I wouldn't have
found a need for a background in Psychology, nor an interest in teaching.

I've done a lot, but if I were "normal", I'd probably have gone more the
direction my brother has.  He's currently planning to attend community
college courses to become a mechanic.  It's his third try at college due
to lacking motivation, mostly.  (Consequently, my degree was earned in my
own third attempt, primarily for financial reasons.)

> Rewind to start of tape: welcome to Denver and we hope you can find a
> ride to the CLUE meetings. I wish that I could offer, but I live in SE
> Aurora.

Dennis has offered to give me a ride home, but I think he's not planning
to hang around for the food thing afterward, so my shopping trip cannot
wait until Wednesday.  If someone's coming back this way who _is_ going
with whatever group is looking for food after the meeting, I'll be happy
to be too lazy to cook.  ;)