[clue-talk] Stupid OCaml tricks

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Mon Aug 14 20:58:31 MDT 2006

Dennis J Perkins wrote:

>> During my presentation last week, Dennis asked something along the lines
>> of "what makes OCaml a better language for you?" Can't recall the exact
>> words, but I believe that was the gist of it. I don't think I answered
>> the question very well, so let me give y'all an example that might give
>> you a better idea.
>
> My question was, "How does OCaml make something complex simple?"
> Maybe a better question is how does it simplify somthing that is hard to
> do in other languages?

Oh, yeah, I remember that now. It's a good question, and there's
probably a good answer to it, but ... I don't know. I can't think about
it anymore just now. And whatever I say, somebody will probably point
out how wrong I am ... getting harder and harder to believe I am right
about anything, so I think I'll just shut the fuck up and go die somewhere.

Sorry, I know you're sincerely interested and deserve a good answer. I
am just fucked up and everything I try to do just makes it worse.

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :