[clue-talk] Laptop Recommendations

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 14:16:35 MST 2006

AFAIK they don't exist.

The closest you might get is a 12.1" 1280x800 or a 14.1" 1400x1050.

The smallest 1280x1024 native resolution LCD panel that I've seen is 17".  More commonly they are 19".

There are notebooks that are 1024x768 native but are capable of higher resolutions but LCDs are bad when it comes to displaying resolutions that are not a scale multiple of the native resolution.  The dreaded jaggies!

Since your performance requirement is a PIII or better, any low-end (by current standards) laptop that meets your needs feature-wise will be sufficient.