[clue-talk] How's this for changing pages

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Dec 16 02:57:40 MST 2006

On Dec 14, 2006, at 8:06 PM, Kevin Cullis wrote:

> Cool:
>
> <http://blog.medallia.com/2006/05/smacbook_pro.html>

Yeah, that's been out (and a sound gimick where the hard disk motion
sensor is used to modulate/change "light saber" sounds... google mac
light saber on that one...) for a while now.

Most folks have pointed out that if you're moving/bumping/swinging/
throwing/jarring the laptop enough to trip the motion sensor enough
that it's a measurable event beyond whatever hysteresis is built into
both the code (to prevent falsing) and the hardware accelerometer
itself, you're probably lowering the life expectancy of your hard
disk by some unknown amount.

But they are cool toys.  I've taken a few swings of the macbook
around the room with the "light saber" thing -- even if I looked like
an utter fool doing it.  :-)

The two guys in one of the more famous videos showing it off early-on
almost hit each others (at the time) brand new macbooks a couple of
times... another down side of the light sabre gimick!  WHACK...
thump.  Uh-oh.

"DUDE!  You think that's covered under my warranty?"  :-)

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com