[clue-talk] Booch at DJUG

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 17:14:22 MST 2006

On 02-01 15:57, Matt Gushee wrote:
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> >Just wanted to let folks on here know that Booch is coming to DJUG next
> >week:
>
> Would that be Grady Booch, the high priest of OO methodology?

Yup, that'd be the one. I left off his first name...yikes. He really looms
that large that he could really just go by one name, like Madonna, Beck,
Sting... :)

I've seen him speak before at DJUG...if you have the vaguest interest at all
in software development, it'd be worth it. He was a very good speaker, and
as introduced by the DJUG prez, the closest thing that the software world
has to a rock star.

Speaking of people who cast large shadows in software, someone told me this
week that Vlissides died recently - he's one of the Gang of Four.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that
have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally
mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.
-Edsger W. Dijkstra, "SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 17, Number 5"