[clue-talk] The reason MS is winning against Linux?

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:40:14 MST 2006

On 1/12/06, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> MacOSXPPC - more powerful than Windows, doesn't require Linux savvy,
> takes a home equity loan to buy.

Home equity? Nah, but if you can spare a kidney...

> MacOSX86 - faster, cheaper, more portable, a Tux Killer.

Faster, yeah. Cheaper? Not so far -- if you check the prices on the
new Mac stuff, they haven't budged -- which is what I predicted Apple
would do. Until Apple drops the price a bit, they'll remain a marginal
player, no matter what type of chips are in their machines.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier