[clue-talk] WinXP Dual Boot?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jan 8 07:56:52 MST 2006

Jeff Cann wrote:
> On Saturday 07 January 2006 2:10 pm, Collins Richey wrote:
>
>>Also keep in mind that you need to thoroughly windows defrag and check
>>any NTFS that you intend to shrink with ntfsresize (or any of its
>>friends).
>

> Or you could just forget about XP.  What do you need it for anyway?  Not for
> your iPod, because there's a nice Linux version already...
>
> + http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8160
>
>  ;)

GTKPod utterly barfed during an import of my iPod once and then managed
to cause the iPod to think that only 1/3 of the songs on the disk were
present.

A resync to the Windows machine cleared up the problems with the iPod
thinking it had lost 2/3's of the songs -- well, it actually
re-synchronized all of them.

I wouldn't trust GTKPod with any critical stuff at this point... if you
have voice memo recordings or other hard work in your iPod, beware.  I
wouldn't call GTKPod "robust" software yet.

Nate