[clue-talk] The reason MS is winning against Linux?

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 14:48:47 MST 2006

I have been out of the Linux-Loop for 6+- years.

On any subject, I always wonder,
"How did they get those numbers".
( I am a numbers guy, myself. )

Clear simple ideas are more important
to management than a bunch of numbers.
Who will support the OS and non-application
software?

Can you (we) present a list of certified
or otherwise qualified Linux support companies.
Long-established companies are a real plus.

One of the articles said that Linux is not
making inroads into desktop (versus server)
market. Is this true?

For personal use, I am interested in Laptops
with (almost) desktop power. But, I am also
interested in the bigger picture: Linux or
mixed solutions for small and medium companies.

BTW, offering MS as well as Linux support can
defuse many MS-type arguments, and get a Linux
foot in the door.

rex