[clue-talk] Hooray for Samsung

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Jan 12 12:27:57 MST 2006

Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> I just set up my Samsung ML-2010 printer with Linux, and let me tell you
> it's nice.  Samsung has really nice, easy software for their printers.
> I was surprised that it came with more than just a driver--it came with
> software to actually set up the printer.

Samsung has been doing great Linux support for a few years now.  I like
my (cheap!) Samsung laser printer... it's cranked out hundreds of pages
of documentation and letters, and what not... and keeps cruising.

I also found the Samsung printer works great hooked to my D-Link 802.11g
print server... making the wiring mess disappear was nice.

The Epson printer my wife bought for her stuff (back when they weren't
networked) doesn't like being on the wireless as much, but it works
okay.  It eats cartridges for lunch, and they cost an arm and a leg
compared to printing on the $99 after-rebate Samsung!

Nate