[clue-talk] Looking for Kiddie Soccer management software?

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 20:59:50 MST 2006

On 1/15/06, Robert L. Harris <Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net> wrote:
>   I'm actually looking for a web application so Suzy can register little
> Johnny or Jenny to play soccer.  The After the registration deadline the
> software would assign Johnny and Jenny to teams in their league.  Then
> Suzy can log in to find out who the coaches are and their game schedule.

Aha.

>   I haven't found anything useful so I started hacking something together
> with MySQL with perl/cgi's.  Unfortunately the signup for the next
> season is in a couple weeks so I can't take too long to get it together.

Well, I can think of ways to do this in Drupal.  Each kid is a node.
Each team is a taxonomy term.  Anything else that matters and is
necessary to track (like gender, skill, etc.) could also be
categories.  Once all the signups (node creation) is done, you go
through and assign kids to teams (taxonomy).  You could use the
subscription module to let parents get all emails on the two subjects
most important to them (team news, league news).  Easy peasy.  It
would be maybe a couple nights of work to create.

Feel free to take this offline if you want.

Greg