[clue-talk] Hell freezes over: Microsoft, Novell partner on Linux

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:50:02 MST 2006

Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Interesting...
>
> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS2912974320.html

Proof that if you can't beat 'em, join em.

This is by far the best quote by Steve BALLmer.  It's the best because
he has done a complete 180 -  going from absolute derision / hatred of
Linux to claiming 'They said it couldn't be done'...

"They said it couldn't be done. This is a new model and a true evolution
of our relationship that we think customers will immediately find
compelling, because it delivers practical value by bringing two of their
most important platform investments closer together," Ballmer added.
"We're excited to work with Novell, whose strengths include its heritage
as a mixed-source company. Resolving our patent issues enables a
combined focus on virtualization and Web services management to create
new opportunities for our companies and our customers."

Surely the end of the world is upon us.

Jeff