[clue-talk] Hell freezes over: Microsoft, Novell partner on Linux

Dennis J Perkins dperkins at frii.com
Fri Nov 3 20:55:24 MST 2006

> > > Please expand on that.
> > >

> > If I recall correctly, Novell came out the loser in a partnership with MS
> > in the 80's or early 90's.
> >
> This here is what I wanted to hear more about.

I don't recall what the details were, but I think MS was able to
incorporate the Netware interface into Windows 3.1.  I think Novell
thought they were dealing with an ethical company.  The problem is that
a company is only as ethical as its management.

A book in the late 90's, maybe Nerds 2.0, mentioned this incident.