[clue-talk] Blog Hosting?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Nov 5 16:23:49 MST 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:23:01 -0700
Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Well, I gotta move blog within a month. Given the huge number of hosting
> companies out there, I thought I'd see if anyone has any
> recommendations, or companies to stay away from.
>
> So far, I'm looking at either:
>   http://www.anhosting.com/
>   http://www.bluehost.com/
>   https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/

I've decide to go with dreamhost. Mainly because they offer a bit more
bandwidth and disk space, and Mailman for mailing lists. The difference
between them and the competition is only $1/month, and either way, the low
price requires a 2 year up front regardless. Dreamhost also offers the
ability to set up a jabber server, which isn't something I'm likely to do,
but it's cool to have the option.

I decided no to go with nearlyfreespeech because I don't want to have to
be always making sure I'm paid up, though in theory, that should be a
trivial thing to deal with.

Thanks, all, for your input.

jed
--