[clue-talk] Management and Positions of Power: Fewer IT professional and Engineers?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 18:35:49 MST 2006

On 11/10/06, rex evans <rexfordevans at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the varied replies.
> When you guys were giving examples, I was
> saying "I know that guy and I know that guy."
>
> The biggest knock on technical people moving
> up to a management role: they stay too involved
> in detail and cannot see a bigger picture.
> Each of you addressed this.

[ many excellent points snipped ]

Back to your original question.. I don't think that "a Trend toward
fewer IT professionals
and Engineers in management" has anything to do with the quality of
management or results in the IT industry. Good managers will shine
even without a technical background.. Lousy managers will suck with or
without a technical background.

--
Collins Richey