[clue-talk] Mandriva users?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 20:14:30 MDT 2006

On 10/24/06, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <xonker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just curious -- I have a theory about distro popularity, and I'm
> wondering about something: How many people use Mandrake/Mandriva
> anymore?

Haven't used it in many years - shortly after Caldera went down, as I
remember it. It left me with a bad taste. Newer versions of packages I
was interested in from the Cooker (Development) system would
inevitably bomb spectacularly on the Mandrake base, so I gave it up as
a bad deal and never looked back.

I tried one of the Mandrivel spinoffs a few months ago,but it wouldn't
even install on my machine (didn't like the nVidia card).

Just my $.02. Whatever floats your boat for publication mileage, but I
wouldn't bother given the Debian/Ubuntu, RedHat, and Novell choices
that actually work.

--
Collins Richey