[clue-talk] Bletchley Fires up Da "Bombe"

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:37:40 MDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Michael Fierro <biffster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/10/06, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
>
> > incendiary opinion.  If our government can jail someone that takes disgusting pictures
> > of children, someone planning a mass murder, or even a gangster, I'll put up with a
> > little statistical analysis of my life.
>
> Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to
> purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor
> Safety."
>
> That quote is memorialized on a plaque on the Statue of Liberty, btw.

Both opinions are valid. I'm in agreement with David. In this age of
terrorists-r'us the gap between essential and absolute Liberty has
shrunk in favor of survival. Anyone who wants (damn goverment or
otherwise) is welcome to monitor my boring phone conversations and my
checkout list at the public library, and I have no problem with
resctrictions about what I can carry on a plane if that helps to
frustrate the effors of the Islamofascists.

--
Collins Richey