[clue-talk] small Linux-based laptop

Sun Dec 30 13:06:50 MST 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 14:15 -0500, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> > I was looking for a small, inexpensive computer for a cousin.  All she wants is email but I haven't seen an email-only device in a long time.  I came across this Asus computer, which sounds interesting.  It's the Eee PC.  It runs Linux and has a solid-state disk.  The screen is only 7 inches wide and the keyboard isn't much larger.  Prices range from $300-$500.
> >
> > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2209847,00.asp
> >
> You might want to go to microcenter and check out this one:
>
> http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0266362

< voice="gollum">Ah, but according to the subject-line, we wants
"Linux-based", precious...</>

< voice="saruman">Buying the bargain Acer does nothing for The Cause.
The objective is to reward some maker for selling a box with Linux
pre-installed, not to give up yet another weekend trying to make the
last one or two pieces of hardware behave.  Hang on a second, is that a
walking ~tree~?!  Oh, sh-</>