[clue-talk] GnuPG/PGP key signing party

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Mon Jul 2 13:04:56 MDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 08:11:47PM -0600, Collins Richey wrote:

> Just a chuckle. If you find  a friend who claims to have verified
> Collins' key, be very afraid!!! Said key does not exist. I never use
> PGP.

You know, there are other uses for GnuPG than just signing/encrypting email.
I use this to encrypt my password file. Instead of using yet another app to
take care of my passwords for me, I use a GnuPG-encrypted text file, along
with the gnupg plugin for vim. With the gnupg plugin, vim transparently
decrypts then opens encrypted files, then saves and encrypts them.

Any data on my PC that I would rather people weren't able to access if they
somehow ended up getting access to my PC gets encrypted, too.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
*  - Tribble.      *-~  - Tribble After Sex.