[clue-talk] iPhone Madness

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 15:30:57 MDT 2007

On 07-03 14:02, Nate Duehr wrote:
> dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
>
> >I know one person who hates the iPhone.  He claims that it would be hard
> >to call someone while dialing.
>
> "Hard to call someone while dialing?"  ???
>
> Not sure that's what you meant to type?

Maybe "driving" instead of "dialing"? I've also already seen doubts about
trying to use the phone in the cold - not that the little keys on a BB or
Treo are much easier to use with gloves, I'd imagine.

> It's definitely got a problem with one-handed-not-looking-at-the-phone
> dialing... you can't do that by tactile feel with a thumb or anything
> like a traditional phone with real buttons on it.  A smooth touchscreen
> gives you no reference to where you are on the number-pad.

I could see advantages with a touchscreen being augmented by a real
keyboard. I think there are programmable remotes that have done this, IIRC -
well, not a keyboard, but real keys + touchscreen portion for some
flexibility.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Boxer's Law: A person who minces his words usually chokes on them.