[clue-talk] Residential, Linux-friendly VOIP service?

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Wed Jul 4 08:58:12 MDT 2007

Hi All,
Comcast is downgrading me to their "digital voice" service.  I called
and harassed them about the service as well as searching on the
internet.  They don't support software phones and I can't seem to get a
straight answer about how much it'll cost or what the service level is.
I've been using Gizmo at work and I love it, but it doesn't support
E911.  With 2 kids at home, 911 service is important.

Can anyone suggest a residential VoIP provider that supports Linux
softphones and E911?

Also, is anyone using Comcast Digital Voice?  I'd love to get some
straight answers about the quality, cost and reliability.

Thanks,
Dave