[clue-talk] iPhone Madness

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 11:10:40 MDT 2007

The more likely use is not to watch movies while traveling or to see the latest trailer.  The iPhone is now one's personal library of home videos of their kids.
What used to be stills you carried in your wallet are now motion pictures on your PDA.

YouTube is not the iPhone killer app.  I do admit it's a guilty pleasure of mine, but watching amateur Jackass and amazing (aka stupid) animal tricks is only entertaining for so long.

Plus any media device that handles both audio and video will eventually have porn put on it.  If school admins thought porn on standard cell phones and PSPs were bad, imagine 8GB worth.  Give it time... there's going to be some headline about an iPhone being confiscated by a teacher for inappropriate use.  Wasn't it last year that some middle schoolers got caught exchanging revealing photos of themselves?

Now what might be cool is if you could take a movie over to a friend and dock it to their AppleTV over their wireless network.  They've already demonstrated that with a Macbook.  I wonder if that's an undisclosed feature or one that's in development.