[clue-talk] Google Earth (for linux)

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Mon Jul 9 13:50:59 MDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 10:43:55PM -0600, Tony McDowell wrote:

> available for Linux as are the Google Desktop tools.  I don't know if they
> fixed it in the new releases, but the original release of Google Earth for
> Linux was essentially the Win32 version running via WINE.

That's not true. Google Earth has always been a native Linux app. Picasa is
the Windows version running in a tweaked WINE environment. still is,
including all the idiosyncracies that WINE introduces. I tried Picasa for
Linux, then went back to digiKam. But Google Earth is a true keeper.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
*  - Tribble.      *-~  - Tribble After Sex.