[clue-talk] Re: [clue-tech] Web ticket software

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 19:01:29 MDT 2007

I actually carry a very small pad of paper in my pocket for taking
notes - Rhodia 11200 --

(http://www.vickerey.com/prh501.html) -

as well as a larger graph paper composition book for larger projects -
which I transcribe into my own database.

The best ticket systems I have seen create customer histories and a
searchable knowlegebase of info as it is entered by engineers who
bother to enter useful information.

I do this for myself - and am currently using sugar-crm - open source
version (of course) - the data layout does not make me feel pinned
down to sugar, and as a one man shop the search and retrieval
capabilities seem excellent.

You are right about the paper and pen, though...

--
aloha,
dave