[clue-talk] national ID card

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 14:00:59 MDT 2007

On 06-28 19:37, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> This might not be a threat for now, since the immigration bill in the
> Senate appears to have gone down in flames.  Still, if you are opposed to
> a national ID card, you can go to this site to tell your congresscritters
> that you are opposed to it.

>  http://unrealid.com/

BoingBoing had a little update on this:

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/06/27/one_day_left_to_figh.html

That points to this:

http://unrealid.com/faxes.html

Page 1 of 969...very cool.

Along these lines...has anyone here ever subbed to the Computer Privacy
Digest? I am able to still find references to it, but when I try to sub, the
email bounces. That was a great mailing list for concerns like this - they
effectively got the word out about things like Know Your Customer and got
that spiked - well, until 9/11, anyway, in which case, the reptilian brain
took over and it got slipped into the Patriot Act without debate, public or
otherwise (or even being read, apparently).

As it so happens, a book I had on hold at the library just became available,
and I picked it up last night. It's called Who's Watching You? I'm sure
plans like Real ID are discussed in there.

http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Watching-You-Conspiracy-Books/dp/1932857575/

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Profanity is one language all programmers know best.