[clue-talk] national ID card

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Jun 29 16:07:44 MDT 2007

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> What benefits does it offer the individual that we do not have no?

That is the main question.  I hope by "individual" you also mean
indirect benefits.  A society that works well and efficiently is
beneficial to the individual.  I think there needs to be a balance.

But no... I can't think of anything in particular that a national ID
would do for us that we need.  I think the Internet does a better job at
keeping things open and letting people identify themselves.