[clue-talk] national ID card

Jed S. Baer cluemail-jsb at freedomsight.net
Fri Jun 29 18:22:55 MDT 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:00:55 -0400
Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> So do you think that your identification should be public information or
> private information?

Still comes down to a need-to-know basis.

Consider someone who has been enrolled into witness protection program, or
the abused wife who simply moves away with the kids and assumes a new
identity.

If I'm going to buy a used washing machine from you, and pay cash, my
identity isn't of any importance to that transaction. If I want to borrow
$20,000 from you to buy a car, then my identity is important, as you need
to establish my trustworthiness for such a loan.