[clue-talk] national ID card

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 17:51:15 MDT 2007

On 06-29 18:02, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> Yaverot wrote:
> >My last 3 employers have been annoyed at my requiring them to pull out the
> >Privacy Act statements for the I-9 & W-4. Everyone else I remind them that
> >that number is not a means of identification (it says so right on the
> >card), and I will not aid and abet them in violating law. Most places back
> >down when I say that, a few will quickly find law references.

> Ever lose a job for that?

You beat me to the question. I have to admire Yaverot, though: even though
I've known about the SSN thing since about 1994, I've always capitulated.
I've capitulated on the Piss Police wanting to have at my bodily fluids,
too, though...which pretty much makes me part of the herd.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
It's all true - Even the lies? - Especially the lies.
(contributed by Frank v Waveren)