[clue-talk] DB footprint Oracle,Mysql,Ingress

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:13:11 MDT 2007

As I implied - I have had no problem porting entire dataspace to a larger
partition:

- stop database service  'sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql stop'
- copy entire dataspace to new partition: 'cp -rvf $PGDATA /mnt/newpartion'
- fix permissions on new data ... whatever user your postgres runs as
- rename the old partiiton ... cd $PGDATA ; cd .. ; sudo mv data data.sav
- make a link 'sudo ln -s /mnt/mynewpartion $PGDATA'
- start the database ... 'sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql start'

works similarly with mysql too ... lets you roll back

On 3/23/07, rex evans <rexfordevans at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dave. Your info is encouraging:
> easy to add disk space to PostgreSQL and mySQL.
>
> For context, I should have said I would
> put this on a PC-type computer running
> Linux. It would be for development and
> experimentation only.