[clue-talk] A reason to go back to intel cpu's

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Sat Mar 24 11:22:33 MDT 2007

20k is a bit beyond my budget. Which is a good thing cause I'd probably
end up buying it.

For those of us who are still cost conscious, it looks like there's going
to be a price cut on 90mm AMD CPUs in 2 weeks.

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/MailHome.asp?datePublish=2007/3/23&pages=VL&seq=202

Which means if you're looking for a dual core that's cheap and runs cool,
the 3800+ will be about 90$.

I already have a 3800+, and it's really not worth it to upgrade for a 10%
speed increase. I'll just keep telling myself that I can't upgrade until
quad cores become affordable. :)

Later
Erik Z