[clue-talk] A reason to go back to intel cpu's

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sat Mar 24 14:18:25 MDT 2007

erik at ezolan.com wrote:
> 20k is a bit beyond my budget. Which is a good thing cause I'd probably
> end up buying it.
>
> For those of us who are still cost conscious, it looks like there's going
> to be a price cut on 90mm AMD CPUs in 2 weeks.
>
> http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/MailHome.asp?datePublish=2007/3/23&pages=VL&seq=202
>
> Which means if you're looking for a dual core that's cheap and runs cool,
> the 3800+ will be about 90$.
>
> I already have a 3800+, and it's really not worth it to upgrade for a 10%
> speed increase. I'll just keep telling myself that I can't upgrade until
> quad cores become affordable. :)

I'm not really surprised.  AMD is really hurting after the price war
with Intel.  Now they're going to cut their prices and probably go for a
quarter or two with bad earnings, before they pick themselves back up in
the stock market.

--

Angelo Bertolli
Please remove my email address from your post when replying